The Center for Public Interest Journalism has selected ten local reporters to attend this year’s Investigative Reporters and Editors conference in Boston, June 14-17. The ten were chosen through an open application process which favored investigative work across a spread of news organizations freelance reporters. CPIJ will fund the sponsorships through a grant from the Wyncote Foundation.
The sponsored reporters are:
- Tara Murtha from Philadelphia Weekly
- Chris Brennan from the Daily News
- Joel Hoffmann, a freelance writer
- Patrick Kerkstra, freelance
- Claudia Vargas from The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Aaron Kase, freelance
- Marilyn S. D’Angelo, freelance
- Michael N. Price from West Chester’s Daily Local News
- Samantha Melamed from Philadelphia Citypaper
- Holly Otterbein from It’s Our Money
Another round of applications for sponsorship to the Online News Association conference in San Francisco this September will open in several weeks.
The Center wishes to thank all who applied for IRE.