Please note – this sponsorship application is now closed. Original post:
As part of the Center for Public Interest Journalism’s 2013 conference sponsorship program, we are pleased to offer 5 sponsorships to Philadelphia-based journalists, application developers, technologists and others using data for journalistic ends to the National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting (NICAR) conference from February 28 to March 3 in Louisville, Kentucky. The sponsorship award will be $1,000 and is intended to help defray costs for:
- Conference registration
- Travel expenses
- Lodging expenses
- IRE membership (required to attend the conference)
- Applicant must work on a public interest news topic in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Applicant must be a professional journalist or news gatherer who adheres to professional journalism standards – OR – a technologist who works with data, either professionally or personally, to produce public interest information of value to journalism
- Applicant must be able to attend the entire conference
- As in years past, the Center will seek to restrict attendees to one individual per news organization per conference, and give priority to those who have not received sponsorships from the Center previously
Please submit the following information via email to michael
- News organization/place of employment
- Brief summary of what applicant hopes to gain from attending (no more than 500 words)
- Links to three work samples demonstrating applicant’s interest in and application of computer-assisted reporting or data journalism
Applicants are expected to be available and prepared to document and share their experiences and best practices learned at the conference and participate in local events organized by the Center and partner organizations (including BarCamp News Innovation’s News Hackathon).
Selection for these sponsorships will be made by Center leadership, staff and advisors. Thanks for your interest in NICAR and the work of the Center. Good luck!