UPDATE: PLEASE NOTE THIS APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED.
As part of the Center for Public Interest Journalism’s 2013 conference sponsorship program, we are pleased to offer one sponsorship to a Philadelphia-based journalist to attend the 7th Annual Reva & David Logan Investigative Reporting Symposium from April 12 to April 14 in Berkeley, California. The sponsorship award will be for $1,400 and is intended to help defray costs for:
- Conference registration
- Travel expenses
- Lodging expenses
- Applicant must work in investigative journalism in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Applicant must be a professional journalist or news gatherer who adheres to professional journalism standards
- Applicant must be able to attend the entire conference
- As in years past, the Center will seek to restrict attendees to one individual per news organization per conference, and give priority to those who have not received sponsorships from the Center previously
- Please note this conference is invitation only, so Logan Symposium organizers will need to approve the sponsorship and issue an invitation to the recipient.
Please submit the following information via email to michael
- News organization/place of employment
- Brief summary of what applicant hopes to gain from attending (no more than 500 words)
- Links to three work samples demonstrating applicant’s interest in and application of investigative reporting
Applicants are expected to be available and prepared to document and share their experiences and best practices learned at the conference and participate in local events organized by the Center and partner organizations.
Selection for this sponsorship will be made by Center leadership, staff and advisors. Thanks for your interest in Logan and the work of the Center. Good luck!