As part of the Center for Public Interest Journalism’s 2013 conference sponsorship program, we are pleased to offer five sponsorships to Philadelphia-based journalists to attend the Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) conference from June 20 – 23 in San Antonio, Texas. The sponsorship award will be for $1,400 and is intended to help defray costs for:
- Applicant must work in investigative journalism in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Applicant must be a professional journalist or news gatherer who adheres to professional journalism standards
- Applicant must be able to attend the entire conference
- As in years past, the Center will seek to restrict attendees to one individual per news organization per conference, and give priority to those who have not received sponsorships from the Center previously
Please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5pm EST on Friday, April 19, 2013:
- News organization/place of employment
- Brief summary of what applicant hopes to gain from attending (no more than 500 words)
- Links to three work samples demonstrating applicant’s interest in and application of investigative reporting
Applicants are expected to be available and prepared to document and share their experiences and best practices learned at the conference and participate in local events organized by the Center and partner organizations.
Selection for this sponsorship will be made by Center leadership, staff and advisors. Thanks for your interest in IRE and the work of the Center. Good luck!