As part of the Center for Public Interest Journalism’s 2013 conference sponsorship program, we are pleased to offer five sponsorships to a Philadelphia-based journalists to attend the The National Association of Black Journalists 38th Annual Convention and Career Fair from July 31 through August 4 in Orlando, Florida. The sponsorship award will be for $1,500 and is intended to help defray costs for:
- Conference registration
- Travel expenses
- Lodging expenses
- Applicant must work on a public interest news topic in the Greater Philadelphia region
- Applicant must be a professional journalist or news gatherer who adheres to professional journalism standards
- Applicant must be able to attend the entire conference
- As in years past, the Center will seek to restrict attendees to one individual per news organization per conference, and give priority to those who have not received sponsorships from the Center previously.
Please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5pm EST on Friday, May 17, 2013:
- News organization/place of employment
- Brief summary of what applicant hopes to gain from attending (no more than 500 words)
- Links to three work samples demonstrating applicant’s interest in and application of investigative reporting
Applicants are expected to be available and prepared to document and share their experiences and best practices learned at the conference and participate in local events organized by the Center and partner organizations.
Selection for this sponsorship will be made by Center leadership, staff and advisors. Thanks for your interest in NABJ and the work of the Center. Good luck!
2013 NABJ Convention Message from Honorary Chair Roland Martin
nabj.org: The National Association of Black Journalists welcomes you to join us from July 31-August 4, 2013 as we gather in Orlando for the 38th Annual Convention and Career Fair! Thousands of journalists, media executives, public relations professionals, and students are expected to attend to network, participate in professional development sessions and celebrate excellence in journalism.