The second annual Weiss Awards for Investigative Journalism were presented during a luncheon in April at WHYY in Philadelphia.
The top prize of $10,000 went to the Philadelphia Daily News team made up of Gambacorta, Barbara Laker, Dana DiFilippo for “Bad Brass,” a series of stories that unearthed a string of troubling accusations against the Philadelphia Police Department’s leadership.
Come back soon for discussions with special recognition prize winners Isaiah Thompson, formerly of Philadelphia City Paper, and Jeff Cole, representing his team from FOX 29.
- Video highlights: 2013 Larry Weiss Award for Investigative Journalism
- Weiss Award winners share stories behind the stories
- Philadelphia Daily News report on corruption in Philly PD wins Weiss Award for Investigative Journalism
- Congratulations to winners of the inaugural Weiss Award
- Winning stories of the inaugural Weiss Award
- Inquirer Staff Wins Inaugural Weiss Award
Learn more about the The Weiss Award for Investigative Journalism.