The team from the Solutions Journalism Network will be returning to the Center for Public Interest Journalism at Temple University on February 26th, to lead a free workshop on solutions journalism.
Please RSVP via and join us at 10 a.m. on February 26th in Room 606 at the at Temple University Center City, 1515 Market Street, just across from City Hall. Coffee and a Continental breakfast will be provided, and the event will run until 12:30 p.m.
Solutions journalism is rigorous, critical reporting about responses to problems.
Solutions journalism can help you:
- Make your work fresher
- Have a bigger impact
- Strengthen more traditional reporting
- Attract and engage the public – especially a younger audience
- Provide knowledge valuable to society
In this interactive workshop you will learn:
- How to cover responses to problems in a way that’s not PR, advocacy or fluff
- How to choose stories
- How to vet stories
- How to incorporate a solutions focus into beat and project reporting
- Storytelling techniques that hook your audience, keep them with you, and build your authority and credibility
Come with specific projects in mind – we’ll discuss how the Solutions Journalism Network could help